With reference to the history of ancient India, Bhavabhuti, Hastimalla and Kshemeshvara were famous
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2021 Prelims]
(a) Jain monks
(c) Temple architects
- Bhavabhuti, a renowned playwright in Sanskrit, is credited with the creation of notable plays such as Mahaviracharita and Malatimadhava.
- According to belief, Bhavabhuti served as the court poet for King Yashovarman of Kannauj.
- Hastimalla, an accomplished poet and playwright, composed eight plays, including VikrantKaurava and Subhadra Harana.
- Hastimalla was recognized for his contributions to Kannada literature and drama during the Hoysala Empire.
- Kshemeshvara is another playwright from the ancient period.
Therefore. Option (b) is the correct answer.