With reference to ‘National Investment and Infrastructure Fund’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- It is an organ of NITI Aayog.
- It has a corpus of Rs. 4, 00,000 crore at present.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2017 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) serves as a collaborative investment platform that brings together both international and Indian investors seeking opportunities in infrastructure and other high-growth sectors within India.
- Established in February 2015, NIIF operates as a Category II Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) under the regulations of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). It holds the distinction of being India’s inaugural infrastructure-focused investment fund.
- The total corpus of the fund amounts to Rs. 40,000 Crore.