With reference to India’s Desert National Park, which of the following statements are correct?
- It is spread over two districts.
- There is no human habitation inside the Park.
- It is one of the natural habitats of the Great Indian Bustard.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2020 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- The Desert National Park is located in the Jaisalmer and Barmer districts of the Indian state of Rajasthan, so statement 1 is correct.
- However, statement 2 is not correct as human activities are strictly prohibited in National Parks in India and no such order was passed by the Supreme Court.
- Statement 3 is correct as the Great Indian Bustard, which is the state animal of Rajasthan, is commonly found in the Desert National Park due to its natural habitat being arid and semi-arid areas.