With reference to ‘Global Climate Change Alliance’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- It is an initiative of the European Union.
- It provides technical and financial support to targeted developing countries to integrate climate change into their development policies and budgets.
- It is coordinated by World Resources Institute (WRI) and World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2017 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and
- The Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA) is an initiative of the European Union.
- Its overall objective is to build a new alliance on climate change between the European Union and the poor developing countries that are most affected and that have the least capacity to deal with climate change.
- The GCCA works through the European Commission’s established channels for political dialogue and cooperation at national and international level.
- In 2015, GCCA entereda new phase by becoming the flagship initiative Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (GCCA+).