With reference to communication technologies, what is/are the difference/differences between LTE (Long-Term Evolution) and VoLTE (Voice over Long-Term Evolution)?
- LTE is commonly marketed as 3G and VoLTE is commonly marketed as advanced 3G.
- LTE is data-only technology and VoLTE is voice-only technology.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2019 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- LTE or Long Term Evolution is a series of 4G network standards that were agreed in 2008. Hence, Statement 1 is Not Correct.
- VoLTE is both data and voice technology. Hence, Statement 2 is also Not Correct.
- Basically VoLTE systems convert voice into the data stream, which is then transmitted using the data connection.