Who among the following Mughal Emperors shifted emphasis from illustrated manuscripts to album and individual portrait?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2019 Prelims]
(d) Shah Jahan
- Jahangir was Akbar’s eldest son.
- Jahangir ordered the execution of the fifth Sikh Guru, Arjun Dev.
- Mughal paintings reached their peak during Jahangir’s reign.
- Jahangir emphasized individual portraits and albums over illustrated manuscripts.
- The Mughal School of painting was established during Akbar’s reign in 1560 A.D.
- Mughal paintings depicted various themes such as battles, hunting scenes, wildlife, and portraits.
Therefore, option (a) is the correct answer.