Which of the following statements is/are correct?
Viruses can infect
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2016 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Viruses have the ability to infect a wide range of hosts that possess living cells, including animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria.
- Their replication process is solely dependent on the living cells of their host organism.
- Viruses infect all types of life forms.
- A bacteriophage is a virus that infects and replicates within a bacterium.
- Mycoviruses are viruses that infect fungi.
- A host of other Viruses affect plants.