Which of the following Protected Areas are located in Cauvery basin?
- Nagarhole National Park
- Papikonda National Park
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2020 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Statement 2 is incorrect because Papikonda National Park is located in the Godavari Basin, while all the other areas listed are in the Kaveri Basin Area.
- The Nagarhole National Park, located in the Kodagu district of Karnataka, is part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, as is the Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve, which is located at the confluence of the Western and Eastern Ghats.
- The Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Wayanad, Kerala, and is also a part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve.
- Therefore, statements 1, 3, and 4 are correct.