Which of the following can be threats to the biodiversity of a geographical area?
- Global warming
- Fragmentation of habitat
- Invasion of alien species
- Promotion of vegetarianism
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2012 Prelims]
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The accelerated rates of species extinctions that the world is facing now are largely due to human activities.
- There are four major causes:
- Habitat loss and fragmentation
- Alien species invasions