Which of the following can aid in furthering the Government’s objective of inclusive growth?
- Promoting Self-Help Groups
- Promoting Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Implementing the Right to Education Act
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2012 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Presently a large number of Self Help Groups (SHGs) are working in India at the grass-roots level especially in rural India on the principles of mutual help, solidarity and joint responsibility. The more the Self Help Groups, the better the financial inclusion. Hence statement 1 is correct.
- The Government of India has introduced MSME or Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises in agreement with the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act of 2006.
- MSMEs are an important sector for the Indian economy and have contributed immensely to the country’s socio-economic development. It not only generates employment opportunities but also works hand-in-hand towards the development of the nation’s backward and rural areas. It can help in financial inclusion. Hence statement 2 is correct.
- The RTE Act aims to provide primary education to all children aged 6 to 14 years. The act mandates 25% reservation for disadvantaged sections of the society where disadvantaged groups include: SCs and STs. Education can help uplift the backward and downtrodden society. Hence statement 3 is correct.