What is/are the advantage/advantages of implementing the ‘National Agriculture Market’ scheme?
- It is a pan-India electronic trading portal for agricultural commodities.
- It provides the farmers access to nationwide market, with prices commensurate with the quality of their produce.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2017 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither1 nor 2
- The National Agriculture Market (NAM) is a platform that connects various APMC mandis (Agricultural Produce Market Committees) across India to establish a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
- This electronic trading portal enables farmers to access a nationwide market where they can obtain prices that reflect the quality of their produce, offering them the opportunity to secure better prices.
- The NAM initiative was initiated by the Indian government in 2015.