Under the Kisan credit card scheme, short-term credit support is given to farmers for which of the following purposes?
- Working capital for maintenance of farm assets
- Purchase of combine harvesters, tractors and mini trucks
- Consumption requirements of farm households
- Post-harvest expenses
- Construction of family house and setting up of village cold storage facility
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2020 Prelims]
(a) 1, 2 and 5 only
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 2, 3, 4 and 5 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The Kisan Credit Card scheme aims at providing adequate and timely credit support from the banking system under a single window with the flexible and simplified procedure to the farmers for their cultivation and other needs as indicated below:
- To meet the short term credit requirements for the cultivation of crops
- Post-harvest expenses; Produce marketing loan
- Consumption requirements of farmer household
- Working capital for maintenance of farm assets and activities allied to agriculture
- Investment credit requirement for agriculture and allied activities.
Hence 1 3 and 4 is the correct answer.