The Government of India has established NITI Aayog to replace the
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2015 Prelims]
(a) Human Rights Commission
(b) Finance Commission
(c) Law Commission
(d) Planning Commission
NITI Aayog –
- It was established on 1 January 2015, as the successor to the Planning Commission.
- It was created by an executive resolution of the Government of India.
- It is neither a constitutional body nor a statutory body.
- It is a Think Tank of the Government of India providing both directional and policy inputs.
- It is shaped by a ‘bottom-up’ approach rather than ‘top-down’ approach.
- It is working on the principle of cooperative federalism and developing strategies with the active involvement of states.
- It was established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals.
- It fosters the involvement of State Governments in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- It envisages the vision of Maximum Governance, Minimum Government, echoing the spirit of ‘Cooperative Federalism’.