The endeavour of ‘Janani Suraksha Yojana’ Programme is
- to promote institutional deliveries
- to provide monetary assistance to the mother to meet the cost of delivery.
- to provide for wage loss due to pregnancy and confinement
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2012 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- It is a safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) being implemented with the objective of reducing maternal and neonatal mortality by promoting institutional delivery among the poor pregnant women. Hence statement 1 is correct.
- JSY is a 100 % centrally sponsored scheme and it integrates cash assistance with delivery and post-delivery care. Hence statement 2 is correct.