Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) are used to create digital display in many devices. What are the advantages of OLED displays over Liquid Crystal displays?
- OLED displays can be fabricated on flexible plastic substrates.
- Roll-up displays embedded in clothing can be made using OLEDs.
- Transparent displays are possible using OLEDs.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1, 2 and 3
(d) None of the above statement is correct
- Organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays made with plastic substrates have several appealing features.
- They are extremely thin and lightweight, and can be produced on flexible plastic to take advantage of the substrate’s flexibility.
- Furthermore, OLED displays can be incorporated into roll-up displays integrated into clothing, and transparent displays can also be created.
- Therefore, statements 1, 2, and 3 are correct.