On which of the following can you find the Bureau of Energy Efficiency Star Label?
- Ceiling fans
- Electric geysers
- Tubular fluorescent lamps
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2016 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- The Energy Conservation Act of 2001 led to the establishment of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency on March 1, 2002.
- One of the initiatives implemented by the bureau is the Star Labeling Programme, which establishes standards and guidelines for rating appliances.
- Appliances that require mandatory energy rating labels include Tubular Fluorescent Lamps, Frost-free refrigerators, Electric Geysers, CST AC, Room Air-Conditioners, Distribution Transformers, Direct Cool Refrigerators, and Color TVs.
- The labels come in two sizes, a large one and a small one. Large labels are used for refrigerators, air conditioners, washing machines, and geysers, while smaller labels are used for ceiling fans, tube lights, computers/laptops, and televisions.