Lead, ingested or inhaled, is a health hazard. After the addition of lead to petrol has been banned, what still are the sources of lead poisoning?
- Smelting units
- Pens pencils
- Hair oils and cosmetics
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2012 Prelims]
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Lead is a highly toxic metal and a very strong poison.
- Lead poisoning is a serious and sometimes fatal condition.
- It occurs when lead builds up in the body.
- Lead is found in lead-based paints, including paint on the walls of old houses and toys.
- It is also found in:
- Art supplies
- Contaminated dust
- Gasoline products sold outside of the United States and Canada