India’s ranking in the ‘Ease of Doing Business Index’ is sometimes seen in the news. Which of the following has declared that ranking?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2016 Prelims]
(a) Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
(b) World Economic Forum
(c) World Bank
(d) World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Ease of Doing Business Index is released by the World Bank annually.
- The indicator measures the performance of countries across 10 different dimensions in the 12-month period ending May 1, 2019.
- According to the report, New Zealand retained its 1st position and Somalia was ranked at 190th spot.
- India had jumped from its 77th position in the 2019 ranking to the 63rd position in the 2020 report.
- Global Economic Prospects, World Development Report IBRD are the other reports released by the World Bank.