In which one of the following groups are all the four countries members of G20?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2020 Prelims]
(a) Argentina, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey
(b) Australia, Canada, Malaysia and New Zealand
(c) Brazil, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Vietnam
(d) Indonesia, Japan, Singapore and South Korea
- The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for international economic cooperation.
- It plays an important role in shaping and strengthening global architecture and governance on all major international economic issues.
- India holds the Presidency of the G20 from 1 December 2022 to 30 November 2023.
- The Group of Twenty (G20) comprises 19 countries (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Türkiye, United Kingdom and United States) and the European Union.
- The G20 members represent around 85% of the global GDP, over 75% of the global trade, and about two-thirds of the world population