In India, which of the following can be considered as public investment agriculture?
- Fixing Minimum Support Price for agricultural produce of all corps
- Computerization of Primary Agricultural Credit Societies
- Social Capital development
- Free electricity supply to farmers
- Waiver of agricultural loans by the banking system
- Setting up of cold storage facilities by the governments
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2020 Prelims]
(a) 1, 2 and 5 only
(b) 1, 3, 4 and 5 only
(c) 2, 3 and 6 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Statement 2, 3, and 6 are correct. Fixing Minimum Support Price (MSP) for agricultural products, providing free electricity supply to farmers, and the waiver of agricultural loans by the banking system are considered subsidies or concessions. They do not fall under the category of public investment in agriculture.
- Subsidies and incentives are not classified as public investments in agriculture, as they involve providing financial support or concessions to farmers or agricultural activities rather than direct investment in infrastructure or development projects.