In India, under cyber insurance for individuals, which of the following benefits are generally covered, in addition to payment for the loss of funds and other benefits?
- Cost of restoration of the computer system in case of malware disrupting access to one’s computer
- Cost of a new computer if some miscreant wilfully damages it, if proved so
- Cost of hiring a specialized consultant to minimize the loss in case of cyber extortion
- Cost of defence in the Court of Law if any third party files a suit
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2020 Prelims]
(a) 1, 2 and 4 only
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Most of the cybersecurity policies not only offer a comprehensive cover against cyber risks and frauds but also pay for the legal costs and expenses. Hence statement 1 and 4 are correct.
- It also covers the expenses incurred on counselling sessions with a psychologist due to any traumatic stress one may face as a result of cyber-bullying or harassment. Hence statement 3 is correct.
- But the cost of a new computer if some miscreant wilful damages it, is not covered under insurance. Hence statement 2 is incorrect.