If you walk through countryside, you are likely to see some birds stalking alongside the cattle to seize the insects disturbed by their movement through grasses. Which of the following is/are such bird/birds?
- Painted Stork
- Common Myna
- Black-necked Crane
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2014 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 3 only
- Common Myna is an opportunistic feeder on inspects, disturbed by grazing cattle.
- It is an omnivorous open woodland bird with a strong territorial instinct.
- It has adapted extremely well to urban environments. Hence Code 1 is Correct.
- Painted Stork is a fish-eating bird – does not feed on insects. Hence Code 2 is Not Correct.
- Black-necked Crane is found in the Trans-Himalayan region.
- They are found around Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh.
- So it is unlikely to find it while walking through the “countryside” in all states and places. Hence Code 3 is Not Correct.