Consider the following statements:
- “The Climate Group” is an international non-profit organization that drives climate action by building large networks and runs them.
- The International Energy Agency in partnership with the Climate Group launched a global initiative “EP100”.
- EP100 brings together leading companies committed to driving innovation in energy efficiency and increasing competitiveness while delivering on emission reduction goals.
- Some Indian companies are members of EP100.
- The International Energy Agency is the Secretariat to the ‘Under2 Coalition’.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2022 Prelims]
(a) 1, 2, 4 and 5
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 2, 3 and 5 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- The Climate Group is a non-profit organization working with businesses and governments to address climate change, making statement 1 correct.
- The group aims for a net-zero carbon emissions world by 2050 and has programs focused on renewable energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- EP100 is a global initiative led by The Climate Group, bringing together over 120 energy-efficient businesses committed to measuring and reporting on their energy efficiency improvements, making statement 3 correct.
- Indian companies, including Dalmia cement, Godrej and Boyce, JSW cement, Mahindra and Mahindra, Mahindra heavy Engines, Swaraj Engines, and UltraTech Cement, are members of EP100, making statement 4 correct.
- The Climate Group is the Secretariat for the Under 2 Coalition, which is an alliance of state and regional governments committed to reducing their greenhouse gas emissions, making statement 5 incorrect.