Consider the following statements:
- Saint Nimbarka was a contemporary of Akbar.
- Saint Kabir was greatly influenced by Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2019 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- Saint Nimbarka:
- Preached Vaishnavite Bhakti in Telangana region.
- Not a contemporary of Akbar, lived in 13th or 14th century.
- Statement 1 is incorrect.
- Saint Kabir:
- Disciple of Ramananda.
- Follower of Nirguna Bhakti, lived in 15th century.
- Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi was an Islamic scholar of Naqshbandi Silsilah who lived in the 16th century.
- Statement 2 is incorrect.
Therefore, option (d) is the correct answer.