Consider the following statements:
- In India, State Governments do not have the power to auction non-coal mines.
- Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand do not have gold mines.
- Rajasthan has iron ore mines.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2018 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 3 only
- Statement 1 is not correct: As per the new mining law, the respective state governments are responsible for auctioning non-coal mines.
- Statement 2 is not correct: Gold Mines are present in Ramagiri in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, while Jharkhand has both alluvial and native gold. Alluvial gold is obtained from Subarnarekha River sands, Sona Nadi in Singhbhum district, and streams draining the Sonapat valley. Native gold, on the other hand, is found near Lowa in Singhbhum district.
- Statement 3 is correct: In Rajasthan, Iron-Ore Deposits can be found in districts such as Jaipur, Udaipur, Jhunjhunu, Sikar, Bhilwara, Alwar, Bharatpur, Dausa, and Banswara.
Therefore, option (d) is the correct answer.