Consider the following statements:
- Asiatic lion is naturally found in India only.
- Double-humped camel is naturally found in India only.
- One-horned rhinoceros is naturally found in India only.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2019 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Asiatic lions are smaller than African lions.
- Currently, Asiatic lions are only naturally found in Gir National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary in India.
- The greater one-horned rhino is found not only in India but also in southern Nepal, in riverine grasslands and adjacent woodland.
- The double-hump camel is not a native of India and is typically found in the Gobi desert, as well as in cold-desert areas across Mongolia, India (Ladakh), China, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and parts of Afghanistan.