Consider the following statements:
- Animal Welfare Board of India is established under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
- National Tiger Conservation Authority is a statutory body.
- National Ganga River Basin Authority is chaired by the Prime Minister.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2014 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 2 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Animal welfare Board of India is a statutory body established under the prevention of cruelty to animals act 1960 in 1962.
- National Tiger conservation authority is a statutory body under the ministry of environment forest and climate change established in 2005.
- It was constituted under the provisions of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972.
- The national Ganga river basin authority was replaced by the National Ganga Council under River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection, and Management) Authorities Order, 2016.
- The National Ganga Council is chaired by the Prime Minister and the Union Minister for JalShakti is its vice-chairperson.