Consider the following pairs:
- Chaliha Sahib Festival – Sindhis
- Nanda Raj Jaat Yatra – Gonds
- Wari-Warkari – Santhals
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2017 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) None of the above
- Chaliha Sahib is a Sindhi festival dedicated to Jhulelal. Therefore, pair 1 is correct.
- Nanda Raj Jaat Yatra is a festival associated with Nanda Devi in Uttarakhand. However, Gonds, a tribal group, are not native to this state. Therefore, pair 2 is not correct.
- Wari-Warkari is a pilgrimage undertaken by the Warkari sect in Maharashtra, specifically related to the deity Vithoba in Pandharpur. It is part of the Bhakti movement rather than being a festival associated with a particular tribal group. Additionally, Santhals are not native to Maharashtra. Therefore, pair 3 is not correct.
Therefore, option (a) is the correct answer.