Consider the following pairs:
- Ghataprabha — Telangana
- Gandhi Sagar — Madhya Pradesh
- Indira Sagar — Andhra Pradesh
- Maithon — Chhattisgarh
How many pairs given above are not correctly matched?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2022 Prelims]
(a) Only one pair
(b) Only two pairs
(c) Only three pairs
(d) All four pairs
- Pair 1 is not correctly matched: The Ghataprabha Reservoir is located in the Belgavi district of Karnataka.
- Pair 2 is correctly matched: Gandhisagar is one of four major dams built on India’s Chambal river. This dam is located in Mansour, Neemuch district of the state of Madhya Pradesh. Hence, Pair 2 is correctly matched.
- Pair 3 is not correctly matched: Indira Sagar Dam is a multipurpose dam project in Madhya Pradesh. Indira Sagar (Polavaram) Project is located on the Godavari River near Ramayyapet village of Polavaram Mandal of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh.
- Pair 4 is not correctly matched: The Maithon Dam is located at Maithon in Jharkhand on the bank of the river Barakar.
Therefore, option (c) is the correct answer.