Consider the following pairs:
Place of Pilgrimage: Location
- Srisailam: Nallamala Hills
- Omkareshwar: Satmala Hills
- Pushkar: Mahadeo Hills
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2015 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Statement 1 is correct: Srisailam is a shrine located on the Nallamala Hills in Andhra Pradesh dedicated to Lord Mallikarjuna. It is also one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and one of the eighteen Shakti Peethas of goddess Parvati.
- Statement 2 is not correct: Omkareshwar is located on the Mandhata hills in Madhya Pradesh and is famous for its Om-shaped path formed by the river Narmada. It is also one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva.
- Statement 3 is not correct: Pushkar is located in Ajmer, Rajasthan, and is famous for the red spired Brahma Temple situated on the shores of Pushkar Lake.
Therefore, option (a) is the correct answer.