Consider the following pairs:
King — Dynasty
- Nannuka — Chandela
- Jayashakti — Paramara
- Nagabhata II — Gurjara-Pratihara
- Bhoja — Rashtrakuta
How many pairs given above are correctly matched?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2022 Prelims]
(a) Only one pair
(b) Only two pairs
(c) Only three pairs
(d) All four pairs
- Pair 1 is correctly matched as Nannuka was indeed the founder king of Chandelas.
- However, pair 2 is incorrectly matched as the Chandella territory was named “Jejakabhukti” after Jayashakti, not Vijayashakti.
- Pair 3 is correctly matched as Nagabhatta II was succeeded by his son Ramabhadra and then by his grandson Mihira Bhoja.
- Finally, pair 4 is incorrectly matched as Mihira Bhoja was the grandson, not the son, of Nagabhatta II, and he had a long and successful reign of over 46 years, making him the most popular ruler of the Pratiharas.
Therefore, option (b) is the correct answer.