Consider the following pairs:
Famous place River
- Pandharpur – Chandrabhaga
- Tiruchirappalli – Cauvery
- Hampi – Malaprabha
Which of the pairs given above are correctly matched?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2019 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- The city of Pandharpur is situated on the banks of the Chandrabhaga River in Maharashtra and is home to the renowned Lord Vitthal-Rukmini Mandir.
- Tiruchirappalli, located in Tamil Nadu, sits on the banks of the Cauvery River and is home to the famous Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple.
- Hampi, the capital of the Vijayanagara kingdom, is located in Karnataka and is situated on the bank of the Tungabhadra River. This city is home to many well-known temples, such as the Virupaksha Temple and Nandi Statue.
Therefore, option (a) is the correct answer.