Consider the following pairs:
- Dampa Tiger Reserve: Mizoram
- Gumti Wildlife Sanctuary: Sikkim
- Saramati Park: Nagaland
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2014 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Dampa Tiger Reserve in Mizoram:
- Located in Mizoram, the Dampa Tiger Reserve was recently in the news for being part of a study region for clouded leopards (Neofelis nebulosa).
- Gumti Wildlife Sanctuary in Tripura:
- The Gumti Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in Tripura and spans an area of approximately 389.54 sq km.
- It serves as a habitat for various animals such as elephants, sambar, buffalo, yapping deer, serow, wild goat, among others.
- Saramati Peak in Nagaland:
- Saramati Peak is located in Nagaland, close to Thanamir Village in the Kiphire district of the state.
Therefore, option (c) is the correct answer.