Consider the following in respect of ‘National Career Service’:
- National Career Service is an initiative of the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
- National Career Service has been launched in a Mission Mode to improve the employment opportunities to uneducated youth of the country.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2017 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- On July 20, 2015, the Prime Minister of India inaugurated the National Career Service (NCS), which is a Five Year Mission Mode Project. However, statement 1 is incorrect as the project is implemented by the Ministry of Labour & Employment’s Directorate General of Employment, not the Prime Minister’s office.
- The NCS serves as a comprehensive platform that offers a wide range of career-related and employment services to the citizens of India, aiming to bridge the gap between job seekers, candidates seeking training and career guidance, employers, and training/career counseling agencies. Hence, statement 2 is also incorrect.
- Through the National Career Service, individuals can access various services related to training, career guidance, job search, and connecting with potential employers. The project strives to facilitate a streamlined and efficient ecosystem where candidates receive the necessary support and guidance to enhance their career prospects.