A team of scientists at Brookhaven National Laboratory including those from India created the heaviest antimatter (antihelium nucleus) What is/are the implications of the creation of antimatter?
- It will make mineral prospecting and oil exploration easier and cheaper.
- It will help probe the possibility of the existence of stars and galaxies made of anti matter.
- It will help understand the evolution of the universe.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2012 Prelims]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- The study of matter and antimatter falls within the realm of quantum physics and can provide insight into the nature of the universe.
- By exploring the potential existence of stars and galaxies composed of antimatter, researchers can gain a deeper understanding of the evolution of the cosmos.