“3D printing” has applications in which of the following?
- Preparation of confectionery items
- Manufacture of bionic ears
- Automotive industry
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Data processing technologies
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2018 Prelims]
(a) 1, 3 and 4 only
(b) 2, 3 and 5 only
(c) 1 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Some of the applications of 3D printing:
- Can create ornamental prototypes, starting from construction drawings, as well as mechanical parts.
- 3D printing of confectionery has focused primarily on chocolate and hard sugar candy, tut recent innovations have led to the printing of gummy candy.
- The 3D-printed bionic ear that can “hear” radio waves.
- 3D Printing in Facial Reconstructive Surgery, People can now receive custom 3D-printed facial implants to help after illness or injuries.
- Multimaterial voxel-printing method enabling the physical visualization of data sets commonly associated with scientific imaging.
- It has also use in Maritime Industry, Electronics and Entertainment and Broadcasting etc.