With reference to ‘Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology’, which of the following is/are correct?
- It is a contactless communication technology that uses electromagnetic radio fields.
- NFC is designed for use by devices which can be at a distance of even a metre from each other.
- NFC can use encryption when sending sensitive information.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2015 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- Near Field Communication (NFC) is a contactless communication technology based on an electromagnetic radio frequency (RF). Hence, Statement 1 is correct.
- NFC technology is designed for an operating distance of a few centimetres. Hence, Statement 2 is incorrect.
- This makes it more difficult for attackers to record the communication as compared to other wireless technologies which have a working distance of several meters.
- NFC can use encryption when sending sensitive information. Hence, Statement 3 is correct.