Consider the following freedom fighters:
- Barindra Kumar Ghosh
- Jogesh Chandra Chatterjee
- Rash Behari Bose
Who of the above was/were actively associated with the Ghadar Party?
[UPSC Civil Services Exam – 2022 Prelims]
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 3 only
- Rash Behari Bose was born in Bardhawan, West Bengal and was interested in revolutionary activities.
- Despite his interest in revolution, he obtained a degree in medical science and engineering.
- Bose learned how to make crude bombs before he had passed his matriculation.
- He played a crucial role in India’s struggle for independence, including organizing the Ghadar revolution to attack the British army and establishing the Indian Independence League.
- He was also a key figure in organizing the Indian National Army (Azad Hind Fauj).
- In an attempt to assassinate Lord Hardinge, Bose threw a bomb at his parade in Delhi on December 23, 1912, but he escaped arrest while some of his confidants were arrested and executed for the Lahore Conspiracy Case.
- Bose fled India in 1915 and sought refuge in Japan, where he lived as a fugitive.
- In 1943, he handed over control of Azad Hind Fauj to Subhas Chandra Bose.
- The Japanese government honored Rash Behari Bose with the ‘Order of the Rising Sun’.
Therefore, option (d) is the correct answer.